Westhoff Engineering Resources, Inc. is a team of professional biologists and engineers providing clients with unique water resource management solutions for development projects in and around the City of Calgary. Our company offers a multi-disciplinary environment for biologists interested in working closely with planners and engineers on wetland management in the urban and rural context.
Westhoff works closely with our clients to gain project approvals in the evolving regulatory framework surrounding the Alberta Wetland Policy. Our projects include biophysical and wetland field inventories, wetland assessments, wetland/stormwater integration, wetland management planning, riparian and wetland habitat restoration and enhancement, river bank stabilization, stormwater wet pond naturalization, constructed wetland design, and short and long-term environmental monitoring.
Our biophysical team is seeking an Intermediate Wetland and Vegetation Biologist with the following qualifications and experience:
• B.Sc. in Biology or equivalent degree and the courses to support a membership application to Alberta Society of Professional Biologists
• Approximately 3 years working as a vegetation biologist
• Competency in field identification of upland and wetland plant species, wetland classification, vegetation community mapping, wildlife species identification
• Experience with soils inventory and evaluation emphasizing wetland boundary delineation
• Knowledge of the Alberta Wetland Policy and associated regulatory applications and Directives
• Excellent skills in data compilation, technical reporting, and written and oral communication.
This position includes the opportunity to grow into a project management role working directly with clients on exciting and challenging land use planning projects involving wetland integration, restoration, enhancement and construction.
Please address your current resume to email@example.com