Basin Environmental & Engineering (Basin) is a full service consulting company formed in the spring of 2012. Based out of Sherwood Park and Calgary, Alberta, Basin provides environmental and hydrotechnical engineering services to companies operating throughout western Canada.
Basin's clients represent a broad spectrum of industries including the Oil & Gas, Transportation, Solar, Wind Farms, Real Estate, Private and communication companies. To find out more please visit our website at www.basinenvironmental.ca
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
PROJECT MANAGER – RECLAMATION SPECIALIST
Under the general supervision of the senior staff, this position is responsible for completing fieldwork associated with various projects throughout Alberta. Key responsibilities include: Phase I, II & III Environmental Site Assessments, preparing work plans and costs estimates, complete reclamation certificates, conduct commercial and oil and gas Phase I ESA’s, conduct detailed soil and vegetation assessments, develop sampling programs and remediation /reclamation projects. Additional responsibilities could include timber assessments, vegetation and soils assessments, site inspections, watercourse crossing assessments and other environmental fieldwork as required.
• Post-secondary education in natural resource management or environmental sciences.
• Professional designation or professional affiliation with one of the following professional colleges: College of the Alberta Professional Forest Technologists (CAPFT), College of Alberta Professional Foresters (CAPF), Alberta Institute of Agrologists (AIA), or Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB).
• A minimum of 3-5 years of work-related experience.
• Thorough understanding of Alberta reclamation and remediation guidelines.
• Knowledge of planning, land-use and environmental regulations/policies.
• Strong communication and scientific writing skills.
• A valid driver's licence and clean driving record is required.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills. If you are interested in growing with a small environmental consulting company please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Darcy O’Brien at (780) 910-0615 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org