SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) Division as a full time Intermediate Biologist (Competition #21-09-0460) based out of Calgary, Alberta. This position will be both field and office based.
-Primary duties of the Intermediate Biologist will be responsible for pre-development baseline environmental assessments, project permitting/approvals, and Environmental Inspection/Monitoring. Specifically, within the role the successful candidate will:
- Leading small to large aquatic and/or terrestrial field programs
- Participate in environmental assessments for various types of developments including energy and utilities, mines, oil and gas and pipelines
- Mentorship, training and supervising junior field staff
- Data collection and reporting – delivering on time, within budget and within the scope of the project
- Collaboration with team members in multi-faceted and multi-disciplined projects
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams and developing positive working relationships in a team environment
- Data interpretation and statistical analyses
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. – specializing in environmental science, biology, ecology, or related specialization
- Professional Biologist Designation would be considered an asset
- Ability to lead field crews and design surveys in alignment with regulatory guidelines/protocols
- A minimum of 3 years' direct experience in the environmental consulting industry
- Environmental inspection and monitoring experience
- Experience completing wetland assessments including identification, classification, and delineation
- Excellent technical writing skills/experience
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and work independently with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel to remote locations, potentially for extended periods of time
- Proven record of safe work and a safety-first attitude
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
In addition to being on the cutting edge of technology and innovation
Summit benefits will include:
- Exposure to Summit’s innovative patents guiding corporate pragmatism and success on our multidisciplinary (often cross-disciplined) projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Ability and freedom to create and/or expand your expertise in your career landscape
- Mentor/mentee opportunities and competence training/coaching.
- Ability to see and experience Canada’s wild lands, up close.
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.