Senior Biologist or Agrologist – Permanent Full-time Position (Grande Prairie)
Since we started EDI 26 years ago, our people have defined our culture and have been instrumental in our success. As we continue to grow, we look for team members who want to make a difference by helping people and the environment. Our culture focuses on teamwork, positive attitudes, and flexibility to adapt to dynamic situations. We promote innovation at all levels. Our members are self-motivated, enthusiastic for continual improvement and strong communicators. Through relationships built among team members, we realize that EDI is not just a company, it is our company.
Our benefits include:
· A challenging, dynamic, engaging and rewarding work experience
· Competitive compensation, including health benefits, profit-sharing and employee share ownership programs
· Working with a team of established industry leaders who excel in the fields of aquatic and terrestrial biology
· A commitment to long-term development through opportunities and support for professional advancement (e.g., internal mentorship, annual professional development budget)
This is a permanent full-time opportunity for the position of Senior Biologist or Agrologist in our Grande Prairie office. As a Senior Biologist or Agrologist, you would be responsible for proposal and report writing, business development, study design, data collection, analysis, report writing, regulatory approvals and quality assurance. You would work closely with the team to make sure projects proceed as planned and on budget. Our ideal candidate has in-depth experience as a Biologist, Agrologist or Environmental Scientist, with a specialty in fisheries, wildlife, wetlands, soils and/or vegetation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Participating proactively in EDI’s health and safety program
· Organizing and leading a team, including sub-consultants, through project execution
· Managing and meeting client expectations while mitigating project risk
· Managing deadlines and multi-disciplinary project budgets
· Developing project scope of work and associated cost estimates
· Conducting business development through maintaining existing and developing new client relationships
· Evaluating and responding to requests for proposals
· Mentoring, training and providing technical guidance to the team
· Writing, editing, reviewing and providing senior sign-off of reports and other project or internal communications
We are looking for someone with:
· Strong organization and interpersonal skills with exceptional time management skills
· Professional report writing and senior editorial and technical review skills
· The capacity to work in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
· The ability to handle the demands of deadlines and shifting priorities
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with enthusiasm for continual improvement
· The ability to conduct occasional fieldwork in remote locations and/or travel between offices
· The aptitude to work collaboratively and effectively with junior and senior staff of multiple disciplines, within teams on various projects of differing complexity, and with environmental sub-consultants
Job requirements include:
· Previous environmental consulting experience that demonstrates an in-depth understanding of key provincial and federal legislation regulating industrial projects, best management practices, and practicable mitigation measures
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and 10+ years of related experience or a comparable combination of education and experience
· A professional designation (e.g., R.P.Bio., P.Biol., P.Ag. or P.Geo.) recognized in Alberta and/or BC
· Class 5 driver’s license
· Demonstrated experience in project management, client liaison, and effective management of team members and sub-consultants
Application deadline – This position is open until the successful candidate is found. The applications will be reviewed on a biweekly basis thereafter.
At EDI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. EDI believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing environmental company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you are ready for new challenges and a rewarding career experience, please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with EDI2021-011 in the subject line. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.