Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
This position can be located in either Cranbrook or Nelson, BC.
Regional Aquatic Specialist
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually, plus a 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Bring your commitment to excellence in natural resource management practices
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in BC, which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources. Operating on a provincial land base of over 94 million hectares, the Ministry ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water and other land based resources; works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies; and supports activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative, energetic team environment and to gain valuable experience with diverse aquatic-based ecosystems. The Regional Aquatic Specialist contributes to projects to address large-scale resource management issues or initiatives and leads project planning sessions to determine project scope, define project deliverables and pursue funding.
A career with the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Check out this video to learn more about biology careers at the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or related field.
• Minimum of six years of related experience (or an acceptable combination of education and experience), including leading project design and delivery, analysis and reporting, and providing advice within a regulatory regime.
• Registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) in BC with the College of Applied Biology. Note: Immediately eligible is define as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the CAB within six months of employment.
• Experience assessing and monitoring natural resources.
• Recent demonstrated experience developing in-stream flow need recommendations.
For more information, and to apply online by December 10, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/81922