DWB Consulting Services Ltd. (DWB) is an integrated consulting firm specializing in offering clients environmental, engineering, and forestry services. DWB employs diversified professional and technical staff with a wide range of experience. Our team approach and quality service has led to many long-term direct award relationships with clients in the forest, mining, oil and gas, and transportation sectors.
DWB is seeking applications for an Environmental Biologist or Agrologist for our Cranbrook Office, with the position available immediately.
Candidates should have relevant formal education and a minimum of 3 years environmental-related experience, and must be able to thrive in demanding, fast-paced work environments. Current or eligibility for a relevant professional designation (e.g., RPBio, PBiol, PAg) is preferred, though RBTech will be considered. Experience with the following is considered an asset:
• Project design/coordination
• Environmental ﬁeld data collection (fish/wildlife/forestry/wetland/vegetation/soils)
• Understanding of environmental regulatory processes in BC
• Liaising with clients and regulators
• Technical report writing
• Preparing Erosion and sediment control (ESC) plans, Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP), Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs)
• Environmental monitoring on small- and large-scale construction projects
• Conducting fish and/or wildlife salvages
• Installing, inspecting, and maintaining erosion and sediment control devices
In addition, the candidate should have strong organizational skills, and effective relationship building skills with ability to work longer hours in a physically demanding environment, often with limited supervision. The candidate must also be comfortable with field work in remote locations and/or travel between DWB offices throughout BC. Additional assets or skills that will be considered include:
• Valid class 5 driver’s licence
• Electrofishing, Swiftwater Rescue, and/or ATV/UTV Certification
• Experience operating 4x4 vehicles off-highway
DWB will is seeking to hire for full-time permanent positions, but would consider hiring for a full-time seasonal
(6-8 months) and/or full-time summer (4 month) positions, beginning immediately, depending on applicant availability and location. DWB offers a competitive salary and a benefits package. For more information on DWB Consulting, visit our web site at www.dwbconsulting.ca.
Please submit cover letter and resume with references to the DWB Environmental Manager – Southern Operations: Ryan Wonnacott at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. DWB would like to thank you in advance for submitting a resume, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.