SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) Division as an Environmental Inspector Consultant. This position will be primarily remote field work based throughout Alberta and/or Saskatchewan.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Manager/Project Manager, Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) on all matters. Your primary duties will be focused on environmental inspection/monitoring for large linear disturbance projects across western Canada. Duties include but may not be limited to:
• Draft, review and submit all daily field reports, diagrams, site observations as well as conduct direct, in-field coordination with clients, prime contractors, and regulators.
• Attend the pre-job safety and planning meeting and other project meetings as necessary and provide assistance to the Licensee/Permittee/Contractor or ministry to assess conformance with the construction contract work plans and/or Environmental Protection Plan (EPP).
• Conduct on-site field visits either continuously or periodically to observe active operations; the timing and duration of field visits will depend on the type and complexity of the work, and on the sensitivity of the site.
• Evaluate the adequacy of erosion and sediment control techniques, including work procedures for instream work, construction and diversions on watercourses, and observe, record, and photograph site conditions and work procedures;
• Provide practical and appropriate options to protect or minimize harmful effects to fish and fish habitat and other aquatic resources.
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment as well as be on-site representatives for Summit.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant environmental inspection and monitoring experience for major linear development projects in western Canada.
• University Degree or College Diploma from a recognized institution – preferably with a science-based specialization.
• Professional designation would be considered an asset (e.g. P.Biol, P. Ag.).
• Working knowledge of regulations and best-management practices for pipeline construction and/or reclamation.
• Ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to take initiative, ownership, and work independently with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Proven record of safe work and a safety-first attitude.
• Relevant safety certifications (PCST, First Aid, CSC ATV Safe Rider, Ground Disturbance Level II, etc.).
• Exemplary client relationship and management skills.
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.