The Wetland Ecologist/Authenticating Professional contributes their expertise to determine project scope, write, review, and authenticate reports, and complete project deliverables on time and on budget for a variety of clients.
- One of the following:
o M.Sc. and 3 years of relevant experience
o B.Sc. and 5 years of relevant experience
- Professional Biologist status with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists or similar recognized professional association for a minimum of 5 years
- A minimum of three years in wetland ecology (vegetation identification, delineation, reporting)
-Working knowledge of environmental regulations and policy in Alberta, particularly as it pertains to the Water Act and the Alberta Wetland Policy and associated directives
-Established, or working towards becoming an Authenticating Professional as per Professional Responsibilities in Completion and Assurance of Wetland Science, Design and Engineering Work in Alberta. Working knowledge, understanding of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines, requirements and standards (i.e., Alberta Water Act, Public Lands Act and Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act)
- Proficient use of GIS software for desktop assessments, wetland delineation, and mapping
- Experience conducting projects involving wetland assessments, wetland crossing mitigation, rare plant surveys, weed surveys, environmental monitoring, biophysical baseline studies, soils classification, and water quality assessments
- Experience in managing multifaceted projects including personnel
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
• A comprehensive benefit package is provided
Aquality would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.