Lead Wildlife Biologist ID # 20554, City - Saskatoon, Job Type Permanent - Full Time
WSP is currently seeking a Lead Wildlife Biologist to join our Ecology and Environmental Impact Assessment Team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Reporting to the Group Leader, the successful candidate will be provided the opportunity to work on challenging and diverse projects across Saskatchewan, and the Prairies with a wide range of complexity. WSP will support a relocation for this position.
A day in the life:
- Senior oversight and mentoring of staff;
- Duties include scoping and overseeing environmental consulting activities, author and review of consulting reports, and leading permitting activities;
- Project management and leading projects;
- Directing wildlife staff in field and office related activities;
- Proposal preparation and business development;
- Leading client and regulatory agency relationships;
- Identification of potential environmental constraints in relation to proposed developments (e.g. sensitive habitat, species-at-risk);
- Oversee field assessments to industry standards and contribute to reports for projects within a variety of sectors (i.e., oil and gas, transportation, municipal infrastructure, renewable energy, and oil and gas sector);
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret data while providing results within the scope and objective(s) of a specific project;
- Collaborate with professionals across multidisciplinary projects;
- Implement corporate and client safety programs; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience conducting wildlife related work;
- Experience in a wide variety of wildlife related surveys;
- Extensive experience with reporting and Alberta and federal environmental regulatory processes;
- Experience with environmental assessments;
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in biology, ecology, or related field;
- Work locations are within western Canada and ability to adapt to unpredictable and/or inclement field conditions and changing schedules is required;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented;
- Registration with a professional association (e.g. P.Biol, R.T.Biol.) or eligible to apply;
- A valid drivers license;
- The desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization.
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
We value our people and our reputation
We are locally dedicated with international scale
We are future focused and challenge the status quo
We foster collaboration in everything we do
We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.