Environmental Scientist (Biology/Biologist)
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) Division as an Environmental Scientist - Biology (Competition #21-12-0481) based out of our Lloydminster, Alberta office. This position will require both field and office work.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The successful candidate will focus on pre-development baseline environmental assessments within the oil and gas industry. This role will support continued execution projects in a capacity of permitting and approvals, regular reporting, site observations and recommendations. You will be trusted to ensure the continued quality, cost efficiency and timeliness of project deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have a safety-first attitude, with an ability to take initiative and ownership in a fast-pasted multidisciplinary project team environment. Familiarity in the species (wildlife and vegetation) local to the region is considered a strength.
This role is locally based in Lloydminster, Alberta, however regular site visits may be required.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Manager/Project Manager, EPM on all matters.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• oversee small to large pre-development baseline environmental projects,
• lead site identification and monitoring initiatives which may include wildlife, rare plants, wetlands, and/or aquatic/fisheries assessments,
• report project status on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or as needed basis,
• provide technical expertise in relation to species surveys, detection, and mitigation measures,
• environmental assessments including wetlands, grasslands, and soils,
• observe and adaptively manage communication with various on-site construction teams, and
• consult and engage with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary.
• A University Degree or College Diploma from a recognized institution, specializing in environmental science, biology, ecology, or related specialization,
• A minimum of 3 years' direct environmental industry experience,
• Familiarity with wildlife, rare plants, wetlands, and/or aquatic/fisheries assessments,
• Relevant experience on a construction site observing various contractors and understanding impacts as it relates to surrounding habitat, and
• Ability to travel to remote locations, potentially for extended periods of time.
• Registered member (professional or in-training) in good standing of a recognized applicable Professional Association is considered an asset.
Summit, An Earth Services Company is an industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.