Cascade offers a wide range of environmental consulting services throughout British Columbia, Alberta and the Yukon.
Cascade is seeking a qualified Intermediate Biologist eager to take the next steps in their career development by joining our supportive team of local experts. The Biologist will manage, co-ordinate and conduct a variety of projects. This job opportunity offers a mix of office and field work where no week is the same.
Role to co-ordinate and conduct, contribute to:
• Proposal Writing
• Permit, license, authorization, and approval applications
• Desktop and field assessments of aquatic and terrestrial habitats
• Field Surveys (e.g., bird, invasive species, site bioinventory)
• Data compilation, analysis, and reporting
• Client meetings & stakeholder engagement
• Technical Report Writing
• Monitoring (e.g., construction and development projects)
• Habitat Restoration
• and more.
Who are you:
• Proven work experience as a Biologist or similar role
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology or similar/ equivalent
• Professional designation with an organization such as the BC College of Applied Biology (Q.E.P status)
• All rounder, keen to work in lots of different areas
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to occasionally travel to complete projects
• A team player who is willing to contribute to office management
• A desire to mentor and an interest in managing
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Located in Squamish (preferred) or Whistler or willing to relocate
This opportunity suits a candidate looking to gain project design and management experience, as well as seeking to specialize in one of our areas of expertise.
If you possess a combination of these skills and are looking for a career with meaningful and challenging work, visit our website for more detail, www.cerg.ca, and apply at firstname.lastname@example.org .