Senior Technical Specialist
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced intermediate or senior level contaminated site assessment and remediation professional to join the Reclamation, Remediation, and Risk Management (RRRM) Division as a Senior Technical Specialist (Competition #22-020-510). This is a full-time position and can either be based out of one of Summit’s offices (Calgary, Lloydminster, Grand Prairie, Brooks or Redcliff Alberta or Weyburn, Saskatchewan) or from a home office.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with RRRM Project Managers. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide Senior Technical review on regulatory and environmental monitoring and closure reports
• Technical lead on remediation
• Review technical reports
• Develop environmental plans
• Some field responsibilities such as site visits and providing guidance to field personnel
• Participation in company and client-specific health and safety programs
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development and health and safety professionals, and an in-house IT department.
• 10+ years environmental experience in oil and gas,
• The ability to sign off on work required for reclamation certificate applications as defined by the Alberta Energy Regulator (e.g. Alberta Institute of Agrologists, Associate of Professional Engineers Alberta)
• The ability to sign off on Acknowledgement of Reclamation work as defined by the Saskatchewan Government is considered an asset
• Experience in risk assessment and guideline modification,
• Experience in land reclamation planning and projects
• Strong technical writing and reviewing skills
• Hydrology, erosion and sediment control experience are considered an asset
• Collaboration, consensus building and fostering a team dynamic.
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.