• Position Start Date – April 2023
• Location – Sylvan Lake, Alberta
• Duration – Full time
• Salary – Hourly plus OT
We are recruiting for an Intermediate Biologist position to join our team based out of Sylvan Lake, Alberta. The position is ideal for someone who enjoys working in both a field and office environment and who desires to continually develop their skills in environmental assessment within the consulting industry.
The position is based in Sylvan Lake, Alberta and requires travel and field work throughout Western and Northern Canada. Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conducting fish habitat surveys
• Sampling fish habitat using various standard sampling methods
• Construction monitoring
• Data entry and quality assurance
• Preparation of written reports
• Assisting other disciplines (e.g. terrestrial) as required
We are seeking a hardworking, mature, career-orientated individual with an interest in fisheries. The successful candidate will report to a senior fisheries biologist. Both field aptitude and office (technical writing) skills are equally important and required for this position.
• A biological, conservation sciences, natural resource or equivalent degree from a recognized university
• Registered (or eligible) professional designation (P.Biol or R.P.Bio)
• Knowledge and experience with fish ID and fish habitat in Western and Northern Canada
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Availability to work flexible hours as project requirements dictate
• Willing and able to travel and work in remote locations in potentially harsh weather conditions for extended periods of time (2 to 3 weeks)
• Valid class 5 driver’s license & good physical condition
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Fish habitat mapping using Alberta industry standard methods
• Fish sampling using electrofishing (backpack and boat).
• Benthos and water quality sampling experience
• Field experience in Western or Northern Canada
• Consulting experience
• Data analysis, report preparation, statistical analysis, GIS (QGIS or Arc GIS)
• Field equipment use and maintenance
RC BioSolutions Ltd. is a professional environmental consulting services firm based in central Alberta that provides scientifically defensible, cost effective solutions for our clients in the aquatic biology and terrestrial ecology disciplines. RC BioSolutions Ltd. provides all aspects of environmental impact assessment including baseline studies and environmental monitoring. RC Bio will provide a comprehensive health care program, paid professional development opportunities, performance bonuses, and strong mentorship from senior staff.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and the names/contact information for three references to Richard Carson – firstname.lastname@example.org