Founded in 2017, Pintail Environmental Consulting Inc. is a small niche environmental consulting company that provides a holistic approach to our projects. We cater to clients of all different sizes from local landowners to larger corporations, consulting firms, and municipalities. Pintail specializes in providing our clients with professional, high-quality services in a variety of areas including environmental project management, wetlands, watercourses, aquatics, and biophysical impact assessments to environmental impact assessments for federally and provincially regulated projects including residual and cumulative effects assessments.
At Pintail we pride ourselves on being efficient and hard working so that we are able to provide the best service to our clients. Our goal is to find our clients the best possible solution for their project with the least amount of environmental impact.
Currently, we are looking to the future and are wanting to expand the support and services we provide our clients and to grow our capacity. We are looking for that kind of person who enjoys a challenge and who can help a small company grow and flourish.
About the Position
Pintail is looking for an Intermediate Wetland and Vegetation Biologist to join our team. The position will be located remotely (from home) with a component of field work and can either be a contract or full-time position. The qualifications and skills of the successful candidate will include, but may not be limited to:
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
• A university degree or college diploma in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, or related subject.
• Professional designation (e.g., P.Biol, etc.) or in the process of acquiring professional designation.
• Motivated and enthusiastic individual.
• Technical knowledge in conducting different biophysical assessments (e.g., wetlands, rare plants, general vegetation, weeds, native grassland, detailed site assessments, etc.) for varying project types.
• Willingness to occasionally work in remote locations, where wildlife may be encountered.
• Experience with the Alberta Wetland Policy regulatory requirements.
• Undertaking and assisting with the preparation of different environmental regulatory applications (e.g., AER, AEPA, Water Act, etc.).
• Assisting with business development initiatives.
• Assisting in growing and expanding the company’s capacity and services to help our existing clients and to develop new relationships.
• Coordinating other team members and mentoring junior staff.
• Upholding safety procedures and practices of Pintail and Pintail’s clients.
• Proven ability to work as a team but also independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license and own transportation.
• Up to date safety tickets (e.g., Standard First Aid, H2S, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHIMS 2015, TDG, Bear Safety, etc.).
• Familiar with ArcGIS / Arc Online, Field Maps App and Survey 1-2-3 would be an asset.
• Experience with the regulatory environment related to oil and gas, renewable energy, municipalities, and transportation industries would be an asset.
• Experience conducting fish habitat assessments would be an asset.
• Experience with the regulatory requirements for borrow pits/reservoirs would be an asset.
Opening Date: January 16, 2023
Closing Date: Open Until the Right Candidate Has Been Found.
Location: Remote (work from home, field work required)
Send Resume to: Katie Bullick at firstname.lastname@example.org