ROHI Engineering Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a full time Biologist. ROHI is based out of Ponoka, Alberta, and the position will include working in the field and working from home.
Primary duties of the Biologist will include the environmental assessments, inspections, project permitting/approvals, and environmental monitoring.
The successful candidate will lead aquatic and/or terrestrial field projects and participate in environmental assessments for various types of developments including oil and gas projects and civil projects. The work for this position will largely involve data collection and reporting and collaboration with team members in multi-disciplined projects.
The successful candidate must be able to travel and conduct field inspections and assessments (up to 30% to 60% of time). When not in the field, the successful candidate will be able to complete office duties and reporting from their home.
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. – specializing in environmental science, biology, ecology, or related specialization
• Professional Biologist Designation would be considered an asset
• Qualified Aquatic Environmental Specialist (QAES) and Wetland Authenticating Practitioner (WAP) designations or the ability to obtain these designations
• A minimum of 10+ years experience in the environmental consulting industry
• Environmental inspection and monitoring experience
• Experience with Pre-Disturbance Assessments (terrestrial vegetation and soils)
• Experience completing wetland assessments including identification, classification, and delineation (WAIF, WAIR) would be an asset
• Excellent technical writing skills/experience
• Experience in GIS would be an asset
• Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Full Time Position
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Vacation Time
• Group Life and Health Benefits
• Professional Development Support
• RRSP and Employer Contributions
Compensation packages will be determined based on candidate's experience, education, and overall suitability for position.
Please forward resume to the attention of Glen Sandin to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: PO Box 4544 Ponoka, AB T4J 1S1 by February 10th. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.