Job Title: Jr. Environmental Scientists & Biologists
Employment: Contract with potential for extension
If you love what you do, yearn for an awesome company culture and are fanatical about customer experience, this role is for you!
AJM Environmental specializes in wetland, wildlife and aquatic services including pre-development assessments, regulatory applications and environmental monitoring. Our purpose is to enable responsible, sustainable development by working with clients to understand and manage impacts to the environment. AJM offers a fast-paced working environment with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. We are based in Calgary, the heart of the Canadian energy sector, although candidates from other jurisdictions in Alberta are encouraged to apply.
This posting is for contract Junior Environmental Scientists & Biologists who will be an integral part of the growing AJM team. Although this is for contract positions, there is potential for candidates to roll into full-time positions. The following characteristics appeal to the ideal candidates:
Fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- A growing company where efforts are recognized;
- Ability to influence and learn about a variety of aspects of the environmental industry; and
- Great team and culture!
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the design, planning and implementation of field programs;
- Conduct wildlife, wetland and aquatic assessments in a safe, technically defensible, and efficient manner;
- Analyze field data to develop management and mitigation recommendations;
- Write clearly and succinctly to convey environmental considerations and results to clients;
- Develop regulatory applications and liaise between regulators and clients when necessary; and
- Work independently, often outside of office hours, to meet challenging deadlines and client requests.
Specific skills and requirements we are looking for include:
- A willingness to go the extra mile;
-A self-starter who thrives in a demanding environment working as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently with great communication skills;
- Ability to learn new technology (and have fun while doing so!);
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or related discipline;
- Registered, or ability to register as a Professional Biologist or Agrologist (or associated technologist) in Alberta and/or BC is preferred;
- Minimum of three years of related experience for Intermediate applicants;
- Solid field identification and assessment skills, and a desire to continue to learn;
- A desire to get hands dirty in the field;
- Ability to work remotely for extended periods;
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives and deal with ambiguity;
- A strong track record in health and safety;
- A clean driving record; and
- Self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat. Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://ajmenvironmental.bamboohr.com/careers/27?source=aWQ9MTU%3D
and let us know why you are a great fit!
This position will remain open until ideal candidates are found. We appreciate all applications received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest!