DWB is a dynamic, multidisciplinary consulting firm that specializes in offering a full suite of environmental, engineering and forestry services to our clients in Western Canada. Since 1990, DWB has grown from a small family run business to a multi-faceted company with over 180 staff in offices throughout British Columbia.
DWB is seeking applications for an Environmental Monitor based out of our Cranbrook, BC office, to be part of a team providing high-quality services to our client, with a particular focus on erosion and sediment control on pipeline and other construction projects. The role will be field based, with the work area close to our Cranbrook office in the beautiful East Kootenays, and the Crowsnest Pass area of Alberta. The applicant must be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced construction environment.
Past experience as an Environmental Monitor or Environmental Inspector is required, and designation or training in erosion and sediment control (CPESC, CISEC, BC-CESCL, ESCP) is preferred, but not required. Likewise, applicants with other designations (PBiol, RPBio, RBTech, PAg) are preferred, but not required. Experience with the following is considered an asset:
• Environmental monitoring/inspections on construction projects
• Erosion and sediment control (ESC) plans and supervising their implementation
• Monitoring contractor compliance with Environmental Protection Plans (EPP) and Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMP)
• Providing ESC and environmental advice to construction personnel in the field
• Understanding of environmental regulatory processes in BC
• Preparing daily inspection/monitoring reports and summaries
• Conducting instream turbidity monitoring, fish and amphibian salvages
DWB strives to foster a culture of safety, professional growth and service to others, based on our core corporate values of Integrity, Service and Community. DWB offers competitive wages, travel allowance and a year end bonus. We also offer a health benefits package, professional association fee compensation, and mentoring and professional development opportunities. DWB also provides staff teambuilding events and sponsors annual company trips for their full-time employees including ocean fishing charters, wine tasting tours, fly-in remote hunting trips and more!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. View our other job openings at https://www.dwbconsulting.ca/careers/.