Since we started EDI 28 years ago, our people have defined our culture and have been instrumental in our success. As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals to join our growing and highly successful, local team of specialists working on a variety of projects in northern BC, while also collaborating with other teams in our western and northern offices. Our culture focuses on quality, support, mentoring, teamwork, positive attitudes, and flexibility to “do it right” for our clients. We promote innovation at all levels. Our members are self-motivated, enthusiastic for continual improvement and strong communicators. Through relationships built among team members, we realize that EDI is not just a company, it is our company.
Our benefits include:
• Competitive compensation, including health benefits, RRSP matching, profit-sharing and employee share ownership programs
• A commitment to long-term development through opportunities and support for professional advancement (e.g., internal mentorship, annual professional development budget, conference attendance)
• Working with a team of established market sector consultants who excel in their fields of science, environmental assessment, and regulatory planning; and
• A challenging, dynamic, engaging and rewarding work experience
About this opportunity:
We have an immediate opening for a P.Ag. or P.Biol. with 5 or more years of experience in reclamation. The successful candidate has demonstrated experience and knowledge of reclamation techniques in western Canada.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity for Intermediate Reclamation Specialist in our Calgary office. The ideal candidate will have developed strengths in soil science (including erosion and sediment control, metals analysis) and vegetation assessments (including vegetation management) and hold technical proficiency and working knowledge of the oil and gas and/or mining industries and their associated provincial regulatory requirements. Additional/peripheral skills pertaining to spatial and statistical analysis would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Designing, planning and/or leading reclamation assessments
• Preparing erosion and sediment control plans and reclamation plans for various sectors, including oil and gas, linear development, mining and renewable energy projects
• Providing technical guidance and direction to junior field staff through supervision, mentoring, and training
• Analyzing and interpreting data and preparing technical reports, memos and other project deliverables
• Working effectively in a team environment to meet goals of the project productively and safely
We are looking for someone with:
• Comprehensive experience with recommending and/or implementing reclamation techniques in various land types
• A thorough knowledge of regulatory processes in western and northern Canada
• Knowledge of the renewable energy and/or mining industries
• Flexible and adaptable in identifying and mitigating environmental issues and risks during assessment and construction phases of projects
• A proven record in completing field work productively and safely
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and exceptional time management skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment with limited supervision
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
• Willingness to travel for field work in remote locations and/or between offices
Job requirements includes:
• A minimum of 5 years of field experience specifically related to reclamation practices, as well as soil science or range management/vegetation ecology
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
• Registration or eligibility for P.Ag. or other equivalent designation
• Minimum B.Sc. degree or technical diploma
• Class 5 driver’s license
Application deadline: March 31, 2023 or until filled
At EDI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. EDI believes that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a growing environmental company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you are ready for new challenges and a rewarding career experience, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence: firstname.lastname@example.org with EDI2022-081 in the subject line. Only candidates requested for personal interviews will be contacted.