We are looking to hire a biologist or technician to join our team as an Intermediate Fisheries Specialist. This position will be a full-time position; however, short-term contracts may be available if warranted.
This position offers an interesting variety of field and office work on a diversified range of projects. Individuals will be able to specialize in their areas of expertise in addition to gaining a diversity of work experience. Candidates must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires flexibility and teamwork. The position is based in Edmonton or Calgary, and requires working in remote locations in Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan.
• Leading field crews in fisheries habitat and inventory studies, as well as participating with wildlife surveys, where needed.
• Developing mitigation and management plans.
• Environmental construction monitoring during instream work activities.
• Liaising with on-site client representatives and contractors.
• Writing technical data reports and preparing regulatory applications.
• Post-secondary education in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Sciences or Biology. Experienced individuals possessing a technical diploma related to Biology or Fish and Wildlife Management will be considered.
• A professional designation is not required but considered an asset. A CISEC designation would also be an asset.
• A minimum 3 years of experience.
• Candidates will have demonstrated experience in the field including specific tasks such as fish habitat inventories, electrofishing, and water quality/construction monitoring.
• The ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of fisheries equipment, watercraft and OHV operation as well as navigation in remote areas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A valid driver’s licence and clean driving record is required.
• Candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Basin Environmental & Engineering (Basin) is a full service consulting company formed in 2012. Based out of Sherwood Park and Calgary, Alberta, Basin provides environmental and hydrotechnical engineering services to companies operating throughout western Canada. Basin's clients represent a broad spectrum of industries including the Oil & Gas, Transportation, Solar, Wind Farms, Real Estate, Private and communication companies.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The position will be a full time position out of Sherwood Park or Calgary and remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills
MANDATORY CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
First Aid with CPR
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.