Basin Environmental Ltd. is an environmental consulting company based out of Sherwood Park & Calgary, Alberta. Basin offers environmental services to a diverse client base including oil and gas, renewable energy, transportation, land development, real-estate, and telecommunication groups.
Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position: Project Manager, Regulatory Specialist. This position will be based out of Sherwood Park or Calgary.
Under the general supervision of senior staff, this position is responsible for completing regulatory application work for various projects throughout Alberta. Key responsibilities include completing Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) OneStop applications for Crown dispositions, Code of Practice (COP) notifications, Energy Development Planning (EDP) reports, and Water Act Approvals though Alberta Environment and Park’s Digital Regulatory Assurance System (DRAS).
The successful candidate will ensure high quality project work and approaches are utilized to provide efficient and timely solutions for a variety of projects. Additional responsibilities will include proposal support and budget tracking.
• Post-secondary education in environmental sciences, earth sciences, forestry, physical geography, agriculture, or other relevant discipline.
• Professional designation (e.g., P.Biol., RPF, P.Ag. or EP).
• Approximately 5-10 years of similar work-related experience.
• Thorough understanding of the OneStop and DRAS regulatory application systems.
• Strong understanding of applicable provincial and federal legislation including:
• The Alberta Public Lands Act and its associated Master Schedule of Standards and Conditions; Alberta Water Act and its associated COP’s; Wildlife Act and the federal Species at Risk Act, Migratory Birds Convention Act, and Fisheries Act.
• Background in preparing technical biological and construction environmental reports.
• Knowledge of planning, land-use, and environmental regulations/policies.
• Strong communication and scientific writing skills.
• A valid driver's licence and clean driving record is required.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills. If you are interested in growing with a local environmental consulting company please email your cover letter and resume to Darcy@basinenvironmental.ca & Darren@basinenvironmental.ca
All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position. If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Darcy O’Brien at (780) 910-0615.