Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires an Intermediate Wildlife Biologist to support the growing environmental services team. This role will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience with biophysical baseline field programs and data collection, environmental effects assessments, mitigation strategy development, and environmental impact assessments. The work will involve a strong commitment to business development, client relations, and expanding technical excellence.
You will be part of an award-winning Infrastructure group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
We value your:
• Experience and knowledge in various market sectors including mining, water resources, oil sands, hydroelectric or other electricity generation, transportation, and municipal infrastructure.
• Understanding of design project workflows and consulting business practices.
• Experience conducting wildlife inventories and terrestrial ecosystem assessment.
• Experience with songbird identification and knowledge of bird survey protocols (e.g., raptors, songbirds, waterfowl).
• Experience with other wildlife survey protocols and identification (e.g., amphibians, snake hibernacula, and Species at Risk).
• Experience conducting pre-construction wildlife sweeps, wildlife mitigation/relocation, and reporting.
• Working knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and regulatory permitting processes.
• Proven ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
• Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written English communication skills (other languages are an asset e.g. Spanish).
• Demonstrated capable report writing skills.
• Willingness and availability to travel within Canada and internationally, and to work flexible hours and extended shifts as project requirements dictate.
If you have a degree or diploma in Biology/Environmental Science, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar consulting environment conducting wildlife field studies, and able to register with a professional organization (e.g. ASPB), we want to hear from you!
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 132-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.