SLR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and advisory firm providing services to the Built Environment, Industry, Infrastructure, Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas and Power sectors. SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies.
SLR is an employee controlled company, in which many of our staff have a share. SLR offers rewarding careers to all of its staff and values/rewards customer care, commitment as well as technical expertise. SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages.
For more information, please visit http://www.slrconsulting.com.
SLR has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Environmental Scientist in our busy Calgary, AB office.
We are looking for a highly-organized individual to perform a variety of duties in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Successfully manage a small technical group or technical program and all facets of project management.
• Maintain clients' satisfaction with SLR.
• Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of project management and effective delegation and oversight of project tasks.
• Effectively mentor staff in project management/task management.
• Provide leadership through open and positive communications with all staff in regards to SLR's business goals and objectives.
• Consistently meet utilization goals and target billing rates, monitor own and other direct reports utilization levels and remain mindful of own and other required training and updates.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in contaminated site assessment including preliminary and detail environmental site assessments, soil and groundwater sampling, and remediation programs.
• Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering, or geology.
• Registration or eligibility for registration with a professional organization in Alberta (P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag., or R.P.Bio.).
• Makes independent decisions on work methods and procedures within an overall program. Originality and ingenuity are required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems.
• Carries out complex and varied scientific, planning and engineering assignments and assessments, requiring and understanding of a broad field of science/planning/engineering, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields.
• Assigns work and provides guidance to other professionals and technicians of less standing or supervises consultants assigned to work on a common project.
• Provide technical leadership through mentoring of staff during project delivery and for other aspects such as Health and Safety, training, team building and other as required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Optimistic and positive attitude.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Cooperative spirit with colleagues and management.