If you love what you do, yearn for an awesome company culture, know botany & wetlands, and are fanatical about customer experience, this role is for you!
AJM Environmental specializes in wetland, wildlife and aquatic services including wetland monitoring programs, pre-development assessments and regulatory applications. Our purpose is to enable responsible, sustainable development by working with clients to understand and manage impacts to the environment. AJM offers a fast-paced working environment with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. We are based in Calgary, the heart of the Canadian energy sector.
This posting is for a Wetland & Vegetation Specialist, who will be an integral part of the growing AJM team. The following characteristics appeal to the ideal candidate:
- Fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- A growing company where efforts are recognized;
- Ability to influence and learn about a variety of aspects of the environmental industry;
- Great team and culture;
- A comprehensive benefits package; and
- Cool office in a great location (we’re dog friendly with a golf simulator!).
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Design, plan and implement field vegetation and wetland programs;
- Conduct field assessments including rare plant surveys and wetland assessments in a safe, technically defensible, and efficient manner;
- Analyze field data to develop management and mitigation recommendations;
- Write clearly and succinctly to convey environmental considerations and results to clients;
- Develop regulatory applications and liaise between regulators and clients when necessary;
- Foster client relationships and grow the business through formal (e.g., proposal writing) and/or informal (e.g., networking) methods; and
- Work independently, often outside of office hours, to meet challenging deadlines and client requests.
Specific skills and requirements we are looking for include:
- A willingness to go the extra mile;
- A self-starter who thrives in a demanding environment working as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently with great communication skills;
- Ability to learn new technology (and have fun while doing so!);
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or related discipline;
- Registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Biologist or Professional Agrologist in Alberta;
- A Qualified Wetland Science Practitioner (QWSP), or eligible to meet the requirements;
- Minimum of 3 years of related, professional experience;
- Previous field experience and a desire to get hands dirty in the field;
- Ability to work remotely for extended periods;
- Able to prioritize competing initiatives and deal with ambiguity; and
- Self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you are a great fit!
Thanks for your interest!