Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Ecologist.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5: 00p.m. at our millsite near Boyle, AB. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Play an integral role within the Environmental Sciences team with a commitment to continual Leadership and professional development.
• Represent Alberta-Pacific and its Woodlands division on a local, provincial, and national level.
• Deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Ministers, senior industry representatives, community and other external stakeholders).
• Engage in and communicate in large public provincial and national forums.
• Act as a resource for balancing business and environmental parameters for short-term and long-term business planning, both in environmental and regulatory requirements.
• Manage complex and conflicting business situations as required.
• Identify and develop business alternatives, optimizations and recommendations.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and meet extensive travel commitment demands.
• Graduate degree in Biological Sciences/Ecology/Forestry/Environmental Science; PhD preferred.
• 10 - 15 years’ experience in Natural Resources management.
• Operational knowledge and experience in Forestry sector is preferred.
• Strong knowledge, understanding and experience in working with FSC and other certification systems.
• Subject matter expert in forestry conservation.
• Experience with stakeholder engagement and networking for regulatory development, including government and aboriginal relations.
• Strong political acumen.
• Strong scientific and analytical skills; experience with cumulative efforts or forestry modeling software is advantageous.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.