Black Fly Environmental Ltd. (Black Fly) is a fresh and forward-thinking company focused on delivering creative environmental solutions and the highest quality of technical expertise.
Black Fly provides a variety of services to their clients including environmental assessment and monitoring, mitigation planning, reporting, GIS mapping and regulatory advisory services. Inspired by innovation and continuous improvement, Black Fly helps clients achieve their goals through a dedication to quality, communication, and relationships. We are a driven group of professionals and are trusted advisors to several First Nations and Metis communities; we strive for a mindful and culturally inclusive business culture.
We have experienced significant growth since our humble beginnings and currently support a growing team of environmental specialists and support staff. Our success can be directly attributed to our exceptional team of professionals and the alliances we have forged with trusted sub-contractors. We pride ourselves on building a team that genuinely enjoys working together and feels inspired and supported in their respective careers.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Environmental Project Manager with experience to join our team in our Acheson, AB office.
As Environmental Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall success of projects ranging in scope and size from single day surveys to multi-day, technically complex, team-based field programs. Working with a wide range of clients from various industries, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of provincial and federal regulatory frameworks and help clients navigate the environmental intricacies specific to their project. Must be adaptable, positive, professional and a team player.
Most of all, we are looking for a candidate who will be a complement to our current team and is personally invested in growing with Black Fly.
• Develop execution strategies/plans and manage the strategic and tactical aspects of small to medium environmental projects/programs
• Proposal development/execution, submission, follow-up, and client on boarding
• Oversee data interpretation, analysis, reporting, budget preparation and control, and supervision of office and field staff as warranted
• Completing estimates, budgets and work plans to provide to clients
• Tracking project status, performance, and completion to ensure project outcomes are successful both technically and budgetary
• Source and manage technicians to ensure successful execution of all projects
• Maintenance of client relationships, regulatory liaison and other third-party stakeholder liaison
• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
• Reviewing and approving third party invoices and generating invoices to client
• Coordinating transportation, logistics and subcontractors to ensure that field work is completed in timely manner.
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Environmental Sciences (or similar)
• Professional designation such as P. Biol, P. Ag, P.Geo, CET, PMP, EP an asset;
• Authenticating Professionals qualified in accordance with Alberta Environment and Parks’ Professional Practice Standard would be considered an asset;
• A minimum of 7 experience in Environment Consulting or similar
• 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Strong knowledge of both provincial and federal regulations and guidelines
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to interact with various types of stakeholders, regulators and first nations;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com