We are looking to hire an individual to join our team as an Intermediate Aquatic Biologist. This position will be a full-time position; however, we would be willing to entertain other arrangements, such as short-term contracts if we found the right individual.
This position offers an interesting variety of office and field work on a diversified range of projects that include biophysical inventories, environmental assessments, and monitoring of environmental impacts. Although the position will be based in Edmonton, travel throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia is anticipated. This position will be a field-based position.
• Planning, coordination, and leading the collection of biophysical data with a focus on fisheries and aquatic habitat.
• Environmental construction monitoring during instream work activities (e.g., pipeline watercourse crossing, erosion and sediment control).
• Contributing to the development of technical data reports including aquatic habitat assessment reports, and regulatory permitting development.
• Post-secondary education in natural resource management, environmental sciences or Biology (Minimum B.Sc. level)
• Designation as a Professional Biologist (P.Biol.) in Alberta or eligible for designation.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in environmental consulting preferred.
• Experience as a Qualified Aquatic Environmental Specialist (QAES) providing recommendations and specifications during construction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A valid driver’s licence and clean driving record is required.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Basin Environmental & Engineering (Basin) is a full service consulting company formed in the spring of 2012. Based out of Sherwood Park and Calgary, Alberta, Basin provides environmental and hydrotechnical engineering services to companies operating throughout western Canada.
Basin's clients represent a broad spectrum of industries including the Oil & Gas, Transportation, Solar, Wind Farms, Real Estate, Private and communication companies.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position will be a full time position out of Sherwood Park or Calgary and remain open until a suitable candidate is found. A competitive compensation package will be offered corresponding with the candidates experience and skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.