Since we started EDI 25 years ago, we’ve hired extraordinary people – people who’ve helped EDI thrive. We’ve worked together to see team members achieve their goals, flourish in their careers, and be a part of something special. EDI is not just a company, we are their company.
Our benefits include:
• Competitive wages and vacation time
• Comprehensive benefits package
• Quarterly profit sharing and bonuses
• Paid personal days
• Employee Ownership Program
• Overtime pay with option to bank hours
Our ideal candidate will hold the following education and experience.
EDI is seeking a qualified team member with a professional focus in terrestrial biology and a proven track record of delivering effective analysis and technical reporting. The successful candidate will be contributing to a series of projects determined by their professional interests. They will be part of a team that includes mutual mentorship and professional growth.
• A minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
• Diploma in Renewable Resources or Natural Sciences, B.Sc. degree in biology or related discipline(s); M.Sc. degree optional.
• Experience in oil and gas, power, renewable energy, and/or infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting one or more of the following: soil surveys, vegetation surveys, wildlife surveys, wetland surveys, fish and fish habitat assessments, or reclamation assessments.
• Demonstrated experience in environmental construction monitoring and implementation of best management practices and mitigation measures.
Desirable experience or aptitudes include the following.
• Technical report writing including environmental assessments, environmental management plans, permit applications, and environmental monitoring reports.
• Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Self-motivated and responsive, yet calm demeaner in a fast-paced environment.
• Interest in mentorship and life-long learning.
• Willingness to travel for field work in remote locations and/or between offices.
• Class 5 driver’s licence.
If you are ready for new challenges and a rewarding career experience, please email your resume in confidence by July 10, 2020 to: email@example.com with SK0615 in the subject line.
Applicants will be considered as their resumes are received and may be requested for an interview prior to the closing date. Only candidates requested for personal interviews will be contacted.