If you love what you do, yearn for an awesome company culture and are fanatical about customer experience, this role is for you!
AJM Environmental specializes in wetland, wildlife and aquatic services including pre-development assessments, regulatory applications and environmental monitoring. Our purpose is to enable responsible, sustainable development by working with clients to understand and manage impacts to the environment. AJM offers a fast-paced working environment with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. We are based in Calgary, the heart of the Canadian energy sector although candidates from other jurisdictions in Alberta are encouraged to apply.
This posting is for an Intermediate Environmental Specialist, who will be a jack of all trades and an integral part of the growing AJM team. Although a contract position, there is potential for rolling into a full time position. The following characteristics appeal to the ideal candidate:
- Fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- A growing company where efforts are recognized;
- Ability to influence and learn about a variety of aspects of the environmental industry; and
- Great team and culture.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the design, planning and implementation of field programs;
- Conduct wildlife, wetland and aquatic assessments in a safe, technically defensible, and efficient manner;
- Analyze field data to develop management and mitigation recommendations;
- Write clearly and succinctly to convey environmental considerations and results;
- Develop regulatory applications and liaise between regulators and clients when necessary; and
- Work independently, often outside of office hours, to meet challenging deadlines and client requests.
Specific skills and requirements we are looking for include:
- A willingness to go the extra mile;
- A self-starter who thrives in a demanding environment working as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently with great communication skills;
- Ability to learn new technology (and have fun while doing so!);
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or related discipline;
- Registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Biologist in Alberta and/or BC is preferred;
- Minimum of three years of related experience;
- Solid field identification and assessment skills, and a desire to continue to learn;
- A desire to get hands dirty in the field;
- Ability to work remotely for extended periods;
- Ability to prioritize competing initiatives and deal with ambiguity;
- A strong track record in health and safety; and
- Self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
If this sounds like you, we would love to chat. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and let us know why you are a great fit!
This position will remain open until an ideal candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest!