Anyone (person, agency or institution) whose work involves wildlife research or collection in Alberta needs a Wildlife Research Permit and Collection Licence.
Submit your application at least 30 days in advance of the proposed start date for the research or collection activity.
  • Starting in 2017, Wildlife Research Permits and Collection Licences are now issued on a calendar year basis; permits/licences expire on December 31.
  • For multi-year projects, a permit renewal is required if the project is to continue in the following year. To ensure timely review and approval, the permit renewal application should be submitted by November 30.
If you wish to conduct wildlife research in one of Alberta's provincial parks, in addition to obtaining a Wildlife Research Permit and Collection Licence, you must also obtain a Research and Collection Permit from the Alberta Parks Division, which may be done at the same time.

For more information please go HERE.