Peggy Thompson Publication Awards
Designed to recognize and encourage high standards of achievement in publishing biological information and in conveying an understanding of the concepts and application of biological sciences.
One award annually in each of three categories:
- Scientific papers published in professional, refereed journals;
- Biological technical reports; and
- Publications and/or other media (e.g., videos) communicating biological information to the general public.
- Open to all members except members of the Awards Selection Committee.
- Members nominate a publication/production by any eligible member, including themselves.
- If the publication has joint or multiple authorship, the member nominated need not be the senior author.
- In the case of non-print media, the member must have made a substantial contribution to the biological content of the production.
- The author must have been an ASPB member at the time of the publication/production.
- Three hard copies or an electronic copy of the nominated material must be forwarded to the Awards Committee Chair.
- The publication date must be within two years prior to December 31, and the nomination deadline is February 1st immediately following.
Publications/productions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Contribution to the field of biology
- Technical merit, and
- Professionalism in conduct of study and writing/production of the nominated material.
Certificate of merit.
Nomination Form is available