|Join the ABMI to Discuss the Future of Environmental Monitoring in Alberta!
|The ABMI's Information Forum, to be held on January 30th at the Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton, will introduce you to the activities and outcomes of some of the ABMI's capacity areas, and outline opportunities for collaboration in pursuit of integrated monitoring across the province. Topics will include land surface monitoring systems (e.g., ALPHA; see below), custom reporting, and the evolution of bird and mammal monitoring. A brief recap of the results and implications of the ABMI’s recent 10-year Science and Program Review will also be presented.
In addition, current ABMI collaborators will speak to their experiences working with the ABMI, including process and outcomes. Finally, we will facilitate a series of short workshop sessions to gain your valuable insights into the development of several of our projects and products. Please join us for what we hope will be an animated discussion about biodiversity monitoring in Alberta going forward!
|REGISTER & MORE DETAILS
- Monarch, Western Bumble Bee occidentalis subspecies, and Western Bumble Bee mckayi subspecies SARA ammendments
- The following document is open for a 60-day comment period: Recovery Strategy for the Nuttall’s Sheep Moth (Hemileuca nuttalli) in Canada [Proposed]
- On Saturday, December 9, 2023, a proposed Order to amend Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act (SARA) was published in Part I of the Canada Gazette
- As of September 7, ECCC has posted new SARA documents for Yukon Podistera, Haida Gwaii Slug, Magnum Mantleslug, Pygmy Slug, Sheathed Slug, and for Buffalograss
- Management Plan for the Dune Tachinid Fly (Germaria angustata)