Global Wildlife Resources (GWR), RGL Recovery Wildlife Health & Veterinary Services, and Lethbridge College are offering a 3-day wildlife handling course April 24-26, 2018 at the Lethbridge College in Lethbridge. GWR and RGL are dedicated to supporting wildlife professionals with humane capture and handling through training & field assistance. This class is one of the most extensive chemical immobilization courses in North America and includes hands-on labs with animals.
- As of September 7, ECCC has posted new SARA documents for Yukon Podistera, Haida Gwaii Slug, Magnum Mantleslug, Pygmy Slug, Sheathed Slug, and for Buffalograss
- Management Plan for the Dune Tachinid Fly (Germaria angustata)
- Consultation document for the Silver Lamprey, including Saskatchewan and Nelson River populations
- Management Plan for the Red Necked Phalarope in Canada
- Consultation sought on Lake Sturgeon and White Sturgeon