Welcome to the home of the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB). As a professional society and self-regulating body, the ASPB is committed to the promotion of excellence in the practice of biology.
The purposes of the ASPB are:
- To promote high standards of professional competence and ethics in its membership and in professional biologists at large;
- Provide a common ground for professional biologists in all disciplines to exchange views on matters of mutual interest;
- To promote education in the field of professional biology;
- To provide a mechanism through which the public of Alberta will be assured of the highest possible standards in the practice of professional biology; and
- To provide a recognized voice for professional biologists in Alberta.
The ASPB welcomes applicants from the disciplines of aquatic biology, bacteriology, botany, ecology, entomology, genetics, microbiology, physiology, wildlife biology and zoology. These include biologists in biostatistics, biotechnology, environmental impact assessment, natural resource management, pollution control, reclamation, soil microbiology and waste management.
The ASPB is pleased to announce that the planning for the 2014 conference has begun. The Call for Papers is now open, and details can be found on the 2014 ASPB Conference page. We are also accepting volunteers to serve on various committees, which can be found on the Job Market and Volunteering page.