Associated Biologist

A Professional Biologist or Temporarily Withdrawn Biologist who is no longer practicing biology may become an Associated Biologist with payment of applicable fees. Retired P. Biols., or those whose careers have taken them in other directions, and other members taking an extended break fit in this category. An Associated member may no longer use the Professional Biologist title, and Associated members do not have a vote in the Society. If they wish to return to professional status, they may apply for reclassification back to Professional Biologist. See the section "Associated Biologist return to P Biol requirements:"

What if I want to renew as an Associated Biologist?

Professional Biologists who desire to renew (reclassify during the renewal period) as an Associated Biologist, must apply through the portal to reclassify to the Associated Biologist category, be approved and pay the  Associated Biologist renewal fees. The submission of outstanding CCP is required to reclassify. Generally, applications from P Biol or Temporary Withdrawn to Associated Biologist are approved within 3 business days. As of first of the new registration year (January 1), applications must include a declaration the stamp or the title of Professional Biologist has not been used since the registration year recently expired (December 31.) For example, on January 1, 2022, the declaration must state the stamp and title have not been used since 31 December 2021.

Applying for reclassification does not affect the application of late renewal fees (1 March) or change the cancellation date for non-payment of fees (30 April.) Approved applicants that do not pay the  Associated Biologist renewal fees by the deadline will also be canceled from the Roster.

DO NOT PAY  P. BIOL. RENEWAL FEES IF YOU WISH TO RENEW AS AN ASSOCIATED BIOLOGIST. Apply to reclassify per the above directions. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Associated Biologist return to P Biol requirements: