March 30, 2020: The Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) has laid charges against Tamarack Valley Energy and its subsidiary for using water without AER approval, failing to monitor its water use, and failing to properly report its water use to the AER. The Water Act charges are the result of an investigation into the company’s drilling and hydraulic fracturing operations near Veteran between January 2017 and April 2018. Tamarack’s first court appearance is scheduled for June 12, 2020, in Coronation.
- As of September 7, ECCC has posted new SARA documents for Yukon Podistera, Haida Gwaii Slug, Magnum Mantleslug, Pygmy Slug, Sheathed Slug, and for Buffalograss
- Management Plan for the Dune Tachinid Fly (Germaria angustata)
- Consultation document for the Silver Lamprey, including Saskatchewan and Nelson River populations
- Management Plan for the Red Necked Phalarope in Canada
- Consultation sought on Lake Sturgeon and White Sturgeon