Tannas Conservation Services Ltd. is offering a four day wetland assessment course on May 22 - 25, 2018 in Cochrane and Cremona, Alberta. This course focuses on the techniques and knowledge required to assess wetlands under the recently released Alberta Wetland Policy and the Alberta Wetland Classification. The course also discusses other wetland assessment techniques including: Riparian Health Assessment and Stewart and Kantrud Classification. The course will include a classroom and a field component.
- Monarch, Western Bumble Bee occidentalis subspecies, and Western Bumble Bee mckayi subspecies SARA ammendments
- The following document is open for a 60-day comment period: Recovery Strategy for the Nuttall’s Sheep Moth (Hemileuca nuttalli) in Canada [Proposed]
- On Saturday, December 9, 2023, a proposed Order to amend Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act (SARA) was published in Part I of the Canada Gazette
- As of September 7, ECCC has posted new SARA documents for Yukon Podistera, Haida Gwaii Slug, Magnum Mantleslug, Pygmy Slug, Sheathed Slug, and for Buffalograss
- Management Plan for the Dune Tachinid Fly (Germaria angustata)