Tannas Conservation Services Ltd. is offering a four day wetland assessment course on May 22 - 25, 2018 in Cochrane and Cremona, Alberta. This course focuses on the techniques and knowledge required to assess wetlands under the recently released Alberta Wetland Policy and the Alberta Wetland Classification. The course also discusses other wetland assessment techniques including: Riparian Health Assessment and Stewart and Kantrud Classification. The course will include a classroom and a field component.
- As of September 7, ECCC has posted new SARA documents for Yukon Podistera, Haida Gwaii Slug, Magnum Mantleslug, Pygmy Slug, Sheathed Slug, and for Buffalograss
- Management Plan for the Dune Tachinid Fly (Germaria angustata)
- Consultation document for the Silver Lamprey, including Saskatchewan and Nelson River populations
- Management Plan for the Red Necked Phalarope in Canada
- Consultation sought on Lake Sturgeon and White Sturgeon